Station Eismette/Deranged Diva

Notapor sectario el Vie Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

Una duda que ha surgido en FFG
Como interactúan Station Eismitte y Deranged Diva
"Station Eismitte": mostrar
Type: Support Faction: Miskatonic University
Cost: 2
Polar. Location.
Explorer and Scientist characters you control are immune to triggered character abilities.
Imagen

"Deranged Diva ": mostrar
Deranged Diva
Type: Character Faction: Hastur
Cost: 2 Skill: 2 Icons: (C)(A)
Game Text:
Artist. Lunatic.
Action: Drive Deranged Diva insane to choose a player. That player must choose 1 character he controls to go insane, if able.
Flavor Text: Her voice pierced their souls. They crawled to her, hearts breaking and minds shattering while she sang her song of suffering. They worshipped her, laying their agony at her feet as an offering.
Imagen

La duda está, como no, en la inmunidad y el hecho que Deranged Diva escoga un jugador y no un personaje.

Copiado de la FAQ
FAQ escribió:(2.32) Immune
Some cards have the card text “Immune to X” in their text boxes. This means that they cannot be targeted by cards with that subtype and/or card type. This also means that if a card with that subtype and card type does not target a specific character, but affects all characters or a group of characters, these cards ignores that effect.
For example: Alaskan Sledge Dog (Mountains of Madness F16) reads “Immune to Polar events.” This means that the card cannot by targeted by any event cards with the Polar subtype. In addition, if there was a card effect with the Polar subtype that affects all characters, Alaskan Sledge Dog would not be affected.

He de admitir que yo esperaba que como Deranged Diva selecciona un oponente, el oponente tendría que escoger al Explorador si fuese el único personaje que le queda.

Sin embargo, la respuesta oficial es la siguiente:
Deranged Diva is a character and her effect is therefore a character ability. She may not use her ability to affect Explorer or Scientist characters with Station Eismette. It doesn't matter that her control is not the one choosing the characters because it is her effect that causes the other player to target the character. Immunity prevents targeting, in any way, due to that kind of effect. The non-targeted type of effects still could not resolve on a character immune to that type of effect, so even if the targeting issue was true, it would still have no effect on a character with that type of immunity.
Where the difference matters for this is that the controller of Station Eismitte cannot target his own Explorer or Scientist characters with Deranged Diva's ability, but they must choose someone to target if able. The effect only fizzles if there is no other legal target.
Registro en sectarios.org: Enviame un correo a marcoa.ramirez arroba gmail.com
Leyendo... Ratas en las paredes
sectario
Cordura 0 Mitos Cthulhu 25

Re: Station Eismette/Deranged Diva

Notapor K-PA el Dom Nov 11, 2012 3:51 pm

pues sí... vaya sorpresa
O R'LYEH?
K-PA
Cordura 40 Mitos Cthulhu 1
Cordura 40 Mitos Cthulhu 1

Re: Station Eismette/Deranged Diva

Notapor sectario el Mié Sep 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Me ha dado por echar un vistazo al foro de dudas de FFG, y me ha hecho gracia ver que e Station Eismette sigue provocando dudas.

Pregunta escribió:I have the card Station Eismitte in play. My opponent has the card Cthulhu and all my characters are Explorer and Scientist. If my opponent uses his Cthulhu's action, should I sacrifice a character?
And if instead of Cthulhu has Cthylla, what would happen?

Respuesta de Damon Stone escribió:
Nothing happens. The owner is not able to choose/target them. If there are no legal targets to be chosen the effect cannot be triggered at all. Also those effects cannot resolve on a character who is immune to character abilities so even if targeting was allowed they still could not be resolved on.
Registro en sectarios.org: Enviame un correo a marcoa.ramirez arroba gmail.com
Leyendo... Ratas en las paredes
sectario
Cordura 0 Mitos Cthulhu 25

Volver a Reglas